Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sultan Johor Passed Away..

Well.... the last time I updated my blog was on 19th January 2010... and today.. it is already 30th January 2010... 1 more day to go and we will be in the month of February...yeayyy! it is my birthday month... huhuhuhu.. getting another year older!!!


Talking about getting older and about life, death.... my beloved Sultan of Johor died peacefully on Friday, 22nd January 2010. That Friday.. it was raining so heavily as if the world was crying & mourning for our great loss.... and he was laid to rest on Saturday, 23rd January 2010...


On the day he was laid to rest.. the day was so bright... the sun shone as if giving a final farewell and respect to a great leader. I was brought up in Johor under his reign and have been so proud being a Johorean eversince and still does... the last time that I remembered a death in the royal family was when I was in primary school... quite a long time ago...


I was there at Istana Besar on that sunny Saturday.... giving him a final farewell and respect... it was a sad day for the people of Johore.... Praying that the Almighty ALLAH bless his soul.


That day was the best experience for me as that was the day I saw all the great Sultans & leaders put aside their pride to give their final respect to my Sultan.... they walked the 3KM road all the way from Istana Besar to Makam Mahmoodiah under the hot sun!... I was so proud to be able to walk with them all the way... My hubby & I walked with Pak Lah & lovely Tun Jean.... the feeling was so unimaginable.... I was so proud of my Sultans & my leaders.... they really showed that they can be humble, caring & down-to-earth too.

So... all the people in Johore were mourning for 7 consecutive days starting from 22nd January onwards. Yesterday was the 7th & the last day.. but for the royalties... they will be mourning for 40 days. My hubby is one of the Johore's royalties... so I am still deciding whether to mourn for 7 days or to continue till 40 days???...

Anyway... I managed to capture some moments on the day my beloved Sultan was laid to rest....







In this picture: from the right - My hubby, The ex-Mayor Dato' Naim & our Uncle YM Ungku Ali & 2 others







This was the time when we had to wait before the door to the Istana Besar opened for the people to pay their last respect to Almarhum....




How it was on the sunny Saturday....




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena